Become a Board Member
The Board of Directors needs people with commitment to the entire ownership of the co-op, not just specific issues. If you possess a good number of the following leadership characteristics, please consider applying.
- Able to share a vision, a purpose, an ideal
- Able to delegate authority and empower others
- Are creative, imaginative, and flexible
- Respect diversity of thought while having the courage to challenge respectfully
- Able to follow through on commitments
- Able to maintain confidentiality when required
- Able to work on a team
- Able to put the interest of the whole body above the interests of a few
- Able to think long term and see the big picture without getting bogged down in details
- Previous experience working on a board
- A background or expertise in finance or management is a plus for candidates.
Terms are three years. Terms begin with the June board meeting following the election. New board members will attend two orientation sessions and will attend board meetings without voting during April and May. Applications are open October 15 – January 15.